Determine the Focus of Your Assessments
LEA Assessment Plan
Is there a district/building assessment plan/calendar/map accessible to all?
- What is the purpose of each assessment?
- What types of assessment types are included?
- What grade levels/courses are assessed?
- What is the assessment schedule and how is it communicated? • What reporting/feedback protocols are utilized?
- What are the modes of administration?
- Are assessment items reflective of the rigor of the standards being assessed?
- Are students assessed at the appropriate level of Webb’s Depth of Knowledge?
- Does the schedule include the appropriate amount of time for content instruction prior to assessment?
- Are authentic assessments in place (in online formats)?
- Have accommodations been made for identified populations?
- What is the expectation for teachers to assess students in an online/hybrid format?
Select An Appropriate Assessment For Your Needs
Utilize Free PDE Assessment Tools
Classroom Diagnostic Tools (CDT)
The Pennsylvania Classroom Diagnostic Tools (CDTs) is a set of online assessments, divided by content area, designed to provide diagnostic information in order to guide instruction, remediation, and/or acceleration. CDT reports provide a snapshot of student performance relative to the Pennsylvania Assessment Anchors & Eligible Content and Keystone Assessment Anchors & Eligible Content.
SAS Assessment Center
The SAS Assessment Center allows registered users to create and build assessments by searching the PDE database of standards-aligned items and/or creating their own assessment items.
Additional Assessment Links and Resources
- School Leader Digital Learning Guide – Office of Educational Technology
- Teacher Digital Learning Guide – Office of Educational Technology
- Using Student Achievement Data to Support Instructional Decision Making
- Doing What Works – Proven Methods – No Child Left Behind – ED.gov
- About IES: Connecting Research, Policy and Practice
- WWC | Find What Works!
- PA ESSA Plan