UDL Learning Community
Universal Design for Learning creates a culture of expert partners, which in turn creates a community of practitioners. MCIU is committed to provide a variety of offerings that remove barriers and provide multiple entry points for our participants to become knowledgeable, motivated, and goal-directed expert learners to create equitable classrooms that support all learners. We invite participants to be a part of a cycle to deepen understanding about Universal Design for Learning, apply practice, and gain feedback from a professional community of learners. This community will provide the opportunity to engage and be supported in the implementation of Universal Design for Learning practices with colleagues from around the county.
Components of the exploration community will include: virtual experiences with MCIU and Cabrini University staff and opportunities for classroom or school consults.
- Gain an understanding of UDL theory and its application in the classroom
- Apply foundational concepts of UDL to instructional design.
- Create scaffolds and resources to support the UDL guidelines.
- Explore how to implement UDL concepts in lesson design and classroom structures.
- Design, implement, and reflect on UDL lessons.