Proven educational professional with a passion and commitment to lead colleagues forward and to guide curriculum and instruction. Skilled in long-range planning and creating infrastructure to support the growth of teachers, schools and districts. Over 20 years of experience within the North Penn School District serving as a classroom teacher with leadership responsibilities in the areas of literacy, math, science and use of technology to enhance instruction and serving as a reading specialist and district literacy leader developing systems and structures to promote diagnostic and prescriptive instruction within a responsive teaching framework. Currently serving in the role of Program Administrator of Literacy working to ignite change and to encourage growth in teachers and administrators in the area of literacy instruction while also supporting the instructional coaches throughout our region through the PA Institute of Instructional Coaching (PIIC).
Through all of my years in the field, I’ve continued to have curiosity and interest in the human aspect of our work. I enjoy reading, watching and reflecting on leadership and relationship and how we can better support each other and work together to evolve our educational systems to support the learners of tomorrow. Our future is in their hands!
Academic Degrees and Credentials:
- K-12 Principal Certification, The Pennsylvania State University, Great Valley
- Collaborative Mentorship and Coaching Certificate, The Pennsylvania State University, Great Valley
- Master of Education, with distinction, Arcadia University
- Reading Specialist Certification, Arcadia University
- Merck Institute of Science Education Teacher-Leader
- Elementary and Kindergarten Education Certification, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park
- Bachelor of Science in Education, The Pennsylvania State University, 1990